Random

Home Forums Discussion Random

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Almost twelve! But she doesn’t act like it! Sounds good! πŸ™‚

Sorry! Meant the main database. The battery drain has always made it hard to look up information on the go. Haven’t played Master Duel yet but I’ve been meaning to. Have you played a card game like this before? I like them. I find that they give more variety than a game using playing cards πŸ™‚

Really have no idea. It’s been hanging out in my Kobo recommendations for about a year now and, at first, it sounded like a young adult series so I passed on it. A few weeks ago (the books are long), I finally decided to give it a go and it was very different from what I thought it’d be. Haven’t read the interludes yet as I didn’t know about them. Kobo doesn’t usually include the offshoots in the series so it takes you from the main book to the next main one instead of breaking it up with the side stories. May read them after I’m done with the third book πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Could be! Definitely not a setting in the online database. In the past, it was much different! It was basically just a checklist of each card and where they came from. Of course that was twenty years ago so things have changed πŸ˜›

I’d recommend Duel Links if you’re looking to learn. It’s a free condensed version available on mobile and the computer which has various auto-play features (they’re optional) to hold your hand making it a great way to learn the basics. I used to play it to stay in practice when I wasn’t able to go to the shop to play the non-digital game πŸ™‚

πŸ™ The Internet Archive should hopefully have something! I was dusting off the files in my brain earlier this year and was saddened to find that many of the articles I was trying to pull up had gone offline. πŸ™

I may need to create a TCG thread at some point…

Anyways! Playing a Gravekeeper deck in Yu-Gi-Oh is quite fun, even if it’s an old tactic and not used much these days (last major support was released in 2018). Essentially, it locks down a lot of the newer strategies, forcing you to play using tactics from a decade ago. They still hold up, too. Threw one together a couple of years ago and was able to hold my own after mixing in a few cards from some of the newer structure decks

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Lovely, bookmarked for a rainy day, (which at the moment unfortunately do not present too frequently here).
        Want to hear about a mystery? It centres around an area north of here by the name of, you guessed it, Mystery Bay. It’s regarding the disappearance of five men in 1880, details here. This is the area as it was in 1895:
        Mystery Bay 1895
        All very mysterious. Would like to get the WikiMedia link to that on the page, is that doable? Also added some old newspaper articles and letters to the talk pages e.g..

Yeah, we just hit our dry season. Granted, we didn’t get much of a wet season this year. I remember several years ago, we had rain every day for two months. Definitely didn’t get that this year.

Yep. We don’t get too many of these kinds of things here but they do in other parts of the country. I wonder, could a fight have broken out on the boat? The article doesn’t go into much on how well they knew each other. The linked article in the reference links is about the organization of the management district. πŸ˜›

Should be but I’m not sure how to add images to MediaWiki articles. Never done that before. Will need to parse those articles later on. The old photo copies are a hard for me to read πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

Did zoom help at all in the news clips, over here something like a 250% boost was required.

Funny thing with the Smeg Coffee maker (AUS version) today, the filtration now cuts out after around two cups in the 12 cup carafe, and will not resume when the machine is switched off and on again. The only time it will resume is when the unit is empties and refilled.
          This also affects the descaling. A fascinating video of the process here where the filtration cuts out at about 1:35 to 1:40 in the video. Over to Smeg for this one. πŸ™‚

On the radio there was a very interesting show about ADHD, must confess some of my earlier days might have deviated somewhat from the neurotypical, taking byte sized chunks from OCD, DD and ADHD, well past all that now. The upshot from todays show was that you could never self diagnose with the three types ADHD, it has to be performed by a professional. The journalist from the show has quite a following in TikTok – here’s a short video on what she gets up to.

@mattieunofficial

My #adhd #chorecharm bracelet fueled morning routine explained! Credit to @SailorJager for the system #adhdtiktok #adhdinwomen #adhdtok #adhdtips #adhdhacks #journalistsoftiktok #authorsoftiktok #morningroutine

♬ original sound – Matilda Boseley

Sorry, all of these outages have really thrown me off!

I did try zooming in but I still had a bit of a hard time figuring out some bits. Will take another look! πŸ™‚

Yikes! Hopefully it’s an easy fix! Always liked the design of their appliances. Really like the retro look πŸ™‚

Cool!

Yeah, ADHD can be tough on you!

Got all the surge protectors mounted on the wall now! Much tidier! πŸ˜€

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

The support team for Smeg didn’t want the 100 mb video file created and edited with Clipchamp. So, the easiest thing to do was use Youtube filtering to get the thing down to just under 12mb, at the same resolution.

It’s shockingly bad!
            Speedtest provide reasonable results for this connection, the upload speed is low according to typical DSLAM configuration. It took more than thirty minutes to upload that video to youtube, if only the upload speed was 1MBS or even half that – all done in under five minutes.

Ugh! Have you tried lossless compression? Not sure which formats YouTube takes, though. I know little about video files. :/

Yeah, upload speeds are historically pretty low. I think the logic is that home users shouldn’t need to upload a lot of large files unless they’re working. In which case, the providers would rather you get on a more expensive business plan. At least, I think that’s why it’s like that. Just making assumptions, though πŸ˜›

Yay! We’re back! Just wanted to get a post in! πŸ˜›

Ordered another surge protector the other day and they sent me the upgraded model instead of the one I had ordered but I’m not complaining!

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

Nice. What’s it for?

We’ve been having some icky weather lately. It’s been about 65 – 70ish with extremely high humidity lately so the humidity inside is around 75% and has been 100% outside. Not fun! The next project around here for the handyman is to replace the weatherstripping. That should help! Due to the temperature range, running the air conditioner won’t really do much other than drive up the electric bill needlessly so it’s a mite uncomfortable here.

Yes, over here the A/C is an option of last resort. Else, in sultry weather it’s windows wide open with a brisk fan blowing throughout. The fan here has a loud creak only fixable by slicing open the smooth and shiny shielding, an action entailing permanent excision from the present dΓ©cor. πŸ˜›

Just generally upgrading my surge protection around the home and adding in extra outlets for the VR base stations. I had quite a few outlets that I use frequently that not only didn’t have surge protection but didn’t have enough places to plug things in so I was constantly juggling plugs as I needed them πŸ™‚

I usually get the model that handles up to 4000 J while the one they sent me is the 4150 J model (difference is only a couple of USD). Minor upgrade but nice all the same πŸ™‚

Yeah, I am very sensitive to noise so I can’t run the fans as often as they need to be run here. Fortunately, we just had some cold weather move in so that’s helping some!

DeVaultSetter
              Keymaster

How do the VR base station work- is it just audio/visual or something else?
                Nothing like a cool change, after a very dry year, we are also receiving some much needed rain.
                Funny thing happened with hibernate resume, pressing escape out of the W11 lockscreen (which wants to be turned off) the screen looked like a still version of the sea in this Fata Morgana animation:
                Fata Morgana animation
                Hard reset required, and, talking of wonderful Windows, got this in the feed, of course an OEM version here, funnily enough no difference in price to the retail version, so to all intents and purposes it’s identical to the retail. Any difference with yours?

Lasers! The base stations emit a laser beam on a motor and the headset uses it for positioning. A lot of other headsets use cameras, which are cheaper but don’t have the same kind of accuracy (and can’t be used in the dark). πŸ™‚ The accuracy is much better since I elevated them by mounting them on the wall, which is nice πŸ™‚

Yuck! You’re not using a CRT screen by any chance, are you? Could also be a bad video cable. My HDMI cable on the TV went out a few years back at the same time as the receiver died (was a pain to diagnose as I wasn’t expecting both to die at once) and it caused a green screen as a result (when it’d even show anything thanks to the kaput receiver).

I need to check the wiring on my computer speakers. They started popping a week or so ago only when I turn them on and are now barely emitting any sound. Hopefully it’s just the wiring but I haven’t gotten around to troubleshooting yet.

Mine are usually retail versions as I like to order from Microsoft directly just to make sure I’m getting a legitimate copy. That and I like installing the OS myself to make sure everything is set up the way I like it since I like running several operating systems. πŸ™‚

Yeah, it’s been very wet this week and is supposed to drop to 37F next week. Fortunately, I like the cold weather πŸ˜›

Got a couple of Coway Airmega 1512s the other day. They work really well but I do wish I could turn the lights off that they’ve got. As it is, I’ve got blue, green, red, orange, and white lights all over now so the rooms look pretty festive. πŸ˜›

DeVaultSetter
                Keymaster

Good to know, how many base stations are there?
                  No, hoping it’s just a glitcho with hibernate, repeat occurrences will not be savoured at all!
                  Sounds like something on the contacts, can be a bit of moisture, or even insects or spiders, over here the old Sherwood RX-5502 has a bit of leakage which causes a crackle every time the TRS cord is pulled. πŸ˜›
                  Why a light – nice if they are dimmable nightlights, yuck otherwise.
                  Remember posting this spoof at AL, it was on again yesterday. πŸ™‚

I have two but you can add more if you want greater accuracy or a larger playing area.

I’ve noticed that it doesn’t occur as often if I turn the controller on before the computer. This morning, though, it started crackling while the computer was going through POST so I flipped the controller off and back on again and that got them back up and running again. Will need to do a deep dive!

The lights are for the settings and notification to change the filters but my other purifier has an option to turn off the lights! If they get too annoying, I may just slap some duct tape over them πŸ˜›

πŸ˜€

It’s getting harder and harder to get good science articles in the Google News feed. For some reason, they keep pushing political and social stories on me (I don’t care about whether or not someone farted on a plane (I kid you not, that was an article they thought I’d be interested in)) even though I keep telling them to give me science! This AI trend isn’t all it’s cracked up to be πŸ˜›

I’m still hoping to get back to being able to post some articles of interest for us to discuss but it’s hard to get them!

DeVaultSetter
                  Keymaster

Speaking of farts, one came up on the FTA news show regarding John Kerry at Dubai on Sunday:

The good articles are most likely behind a paywall, which means signing up to a subscription somewhere. Happy enough over here to pick up a mag in the newsagents and follow up on Google regarding anything that lights up. There’s always something somewhere for an enquiring mind.
                    As it so happens in such times as these (and with the silly season approaching), nothing feedwise has emerged from the usual sources like CodeProject, and the Youtube notifications have dried up as well. πŸ™

πŸ˜€

Sounds good! I may be getting a sub to Nature or Science for my birthday, which would be nice as well. πŸ™‚

Yeah, I miss the RSS days. Now it’s too hard to keep up with everything! I’m finding that it’s much easier to follow print than it is to follow the sites. Most stuff on the sites now is too abbreviated for my liking. They used to be a lot more detailed!

Went to the beach the other day to some sightseeing and some industrious fellow decided to build the Giza pyramid complex out of sand, outbuildings and all. You could see where they had started the excavation for the Sphinx but they didn’t get it built. Quite impressive! Really wish I had taken a picture of it. I’m bad about not getting pictures of things πŸ˜›

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 208 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Random