Random

Home Forums Discussion Random

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 208 total)
  • Author

Checked out the bread aisle of one of our local grocery stores and they stock the full line of goods from the bakery I found last week! Going to pick some up next time I’m there 😀

Got the workbench on order! Doesn’t have the adjustable height like I wanted, unfortunately, but it should do the job. 🙂

Figure it’s time to get some public chatter going!

I now have a cannon: https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/building-garden/garden-ornaments/decorative-cast-iron-cannon-from-england/id-f_21567422/ 😀

My grandfather used to shoot tennis balls out of it using a fire cracker 😛

I really miss ads on TV for book releases. I found them quite handy! Now they’re playing ads for pop music albums instead 🙁

Ooh, Power Girl is getting a solo comic book series in September. Could be fun!

DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Goodness gracious, it’s quite big. Is it going to be consigned to the garage?
      Were you there to catch the tennis balls with a racquet – so the neighbours don’t freak, why not get it to blow bubbles?
      On free to air, they seem to be in a bit of a time warp with the ads, some have been going on for at least a decade. 😛
      Cool, which reminds me, the newsagent closed, how combining the reduced magazine stand into the tobacco shop over the road. Which meant no room on the stand for MAD magazine any more. 🙁

Got it on the porch! 😀 I do need to clean it up a bit. It got a bit muddy while being moved on account of the weather 😛

It only shot them about a foot but we did have fun chasing them down the hill. Blowing bubbles is an idea! One thought I was playing with was a small audio recording and having it go bang periodically but that may not go over all that well 😛

Vintage ads can be fun! My dad used to record a lot of stuff in the 80s and it was quite fun to see what they were advertising decades later. Lots of M&M ads around the holidays! 😛

Have you thought about a print subscription? They are able to fulfill international subscriptions but do charge a slight premium. It worked pretty well for me with Batman even though the issues got a bit banged up at times during shipping. Only reason I cancelled the subscription and went local was due to them having trouble filling the subscriptions during the pandemic but I was still able to get them at the local shop without issue.

I may drop Action for Power Girl but we shall see!

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

You could hire a model and take some – ahem – mag snaps – might be best done in a studio though. 😛
        Oh, absolutely no problem with subs, just hanker for the human interaction, and the expressions on the faces of other customers when I go in to ask questions re MAD ETA. 😛
        Who’s Action?
        Currently streaming Wayward Pines, it’s rather good. Never realised it’s from as far back as 2015 though. What really curled the eyebrows was the link to Bloody Disgusting in that article about the trailer crashing in. What is really bloody disgusting is the number of spooky video box ads crawling all over the site. 🙁

😀

Yep! I really do enjoy picking up my comic books in the shop. Sometimes we start up on general conversation regarding various plot points or even some of the social groups I try to organize. 🙂

Sorry! Meant Action Comics. The login session had reset while I was typing it up so I had to rush and type it back in as close as I could remember the words. Seems I forgot to finish the title 😛

Batman 900/135 was a lot of fun! Not much plot but it was a delightful romp through Batman history with The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and even Adam West making appearances and more!

Looks interesting, will add it to the list! 2015 would be recent for most of the stuff I watch. I’m a big fan of the 80s for some reason. 😛

Got Alan Partridge on the watchlist! May sneak in a viewing today or the weekend!

Been reading the Potter books again and they differ from the films in some important ways. For instance, in the fourth story during the first task, the film has Harry avoiding magic as he’s feeling self-conscious about how he doesn’t belong in the tournament. In the book, however, he doesn’t really care and just starts right off by summoning the broom. The distinction is important as it greatly changes his characterization!

Finally got my order in for the new Zelda. Going to take a while to download as the Switch doesn’t usually like to download stuff while you’re playing another game (it does sometimes but usually doesn’t) and I like to keep it unplugged when I’m not using it

We need a thread for music!

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

You know, Alan Partridge has a poetical streak:

Reading them again? Must be good! When very young, read a lot of the William Books, and enjoyed them so much that read some of them again. Didn’t know there was a TV series made though.
          Yeah, more threads, especially one for games!

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

Reading about ejector seats in planes, and naturally the question arose as to were there any accidental touches on the ejector seat button. Turns out there was, in Vietnam apparently, amazing how the plane later survived the landing on autopilot.
            The literary circles over here have been abuzz with controversy over plagiarism, this by John Hughes. Taking a passage like that out of The Great Gatsby with such modifications is running very close to the edge IMOP.

😀

They’re fun but they do have a few loose ends they don’t tie up, such as items getting misplaced and then inexplicably showing up again. 😛

Yep! The films feature music by John Williams. They’re also going to reboot the films in the form of a TV series. A lot of people aren’t thrilled with it but I welcome it! Perhaps it’ll help them become more accurate as they won’t need to cut out as much. The films cut out most of the sequences featuring the classes as they don’t have much bearing on the overall plotline but add a lot to the literary atmosphere but they should work better in a TV show format. I think a Potter MMO would go over quite well as the message in the books is predominantly one of friendship. There’s a lot they could do with an MMO format. Legacy does look like fun, though!

The William books look fun! Will see if I can get them on the e-reader!

The more the merrier! May start one up on Zelda when I get the new one installed 🙂

Huh, interesting. Not sure of a good way to design it. You definitely want it easy to trigger for an emergency but that can also lead to issues like that. :/

Yikes! Yeah, copying like that isn’t cool. It’s okay if it’s been heavily inspired but copying the exact structure and using similar phrasing is going a bit far. 🙁

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

Has the Zelda come in yet – Tears of the Kingdom is it? There are mods for it on Nexus, would those be usable for the Switch? Are these games bundled with modding kits, or is it stuff from (ex)gamedevs?

Yep, it’s out! I’m still early in the game but it’s a lot of fun. They’ve added the ability to manipulate objects and attach them to things, which is a blast. I sent a Korok sliding along a railing while attached to a hook 😀

Got my guidebook on pre-order! I like the Zelda guidebooks. Even though I don’t always use them, I find them fun to have around.

They’ve also included quite a bit from Skyward Sword in the game, which is nice.

Mods aren’t officially supported but you can do some modifications on the Switch to make them work but I’m not too familiar with the process

Will try to get a thread up soon!

Started the last Potter book the other day and it’s pretty glum. I’ll finish it but it’s definitely not my favorite of the seven books

And finished the last Potter book. It picked up about two-thirds of the way through but the ending was intentionally chaotic. Every character from all the books in the series that was still alive showed up. I didn’t like how many characters were killed off at the end, though. That was quite a downer.

DeVaultSetter
              Keymaster

In the final movie, were the same characters all killed off in a similar way? Hmmm, such a bloodbath would have engendered a greater hue and cry for sure!
                Reviewed the clock, kind of like it, but wanted a bit more, I guess.
                Reminiscence is on FTA tonight, might give it a miss being absolutely spooked by the reviews. Box Office Bombs aren’t my thing either. 😛

Not sure, I haven’t watched Part 2 yet. They split up the film version into two films and the deaths all happen in the second one. There was no mention of a memorial being erected in the story either which was kind of strange.

Yeah, the short life is rather undesirable. My smoke detector has motion sensing but the batteries last well over five years with that feature turned on. Granted, it uses six or eight AAs so that may have something to do with it.

Yeah, sounds dreadful 😛

Saw this one yesterday and it was a really well done ghost story. Highly recommended if you’re into that sort of thing 🙂

The comic shop has just started carrying some cool looking dice. I may need to upgrade my set!

So I was hunting in the woods in Zelda the other day and came across a cool new enemy: the Evermean. It’s a living tree! I shot it with a fire arrow to set it aflame and then chopped it down with an axe. I kind of overdid it but I wasn’t sure if it had any special properties so I wanted to be sure to take it down 😛

Got the workbench assembled and it’s already being put to use. Painting something right now on it!

DeVaultSetter
                Keymaster

Yes! here’s hoping they have a horror fest on FTA SBS channel over here. It’s a made-for-television film which is synonymous with don’t_have the_funds_for_Box_Office_promos, and being less of a worry for the producers, the films turn out to be better than expected.
                  Wonder if they do lines on trick die, or ones with a slight bias? Good for a chuckle at the next hook-up at the community board game centre. 🙂
                  Good news about the workbench, is it in the garage?

Definitely. Back when I had cable, I was a big fan of some of the stuff SyFy would crank out, such as their fantasy films. Wasn’t a big fan of their stuff like Sharktopus, though. That was kind of pushing it a bit 😛

😀 I think these are just visually styled and probably of better quality in terms of materials than the cheap set (but highly rated and very stylish) I ordered off of Amazon. Always good to have a nice looking set around!

Yep! Got it in the garage! Need to move it to an outlet after I organize the garage better, though, so that I have better access to my tools but I’ll get there!

DeVaultSetter
                  Keymaster

Sharktopus; and the never to be released spinoff: Jabberjaw Grows a Tentacle. (wouldn’t be technically correct since octopuses only have arms. But hey, it’s SliFi right?)
                    Cheap set looks spiffing enough, looks like you are starting a collection, how about a dice bath bomb?
                    The ozemail email address is finally downstream, took ages to change it in existing accounts, what with Google’s password management clunky at best, and weird setups at the places holding the account. The most annoying thing was the import not working as it should. 🙁

😀

Cool! Somewhere, I saw bars of soap in the shapes of dice. 😀

Yuck! They really need to improve these things 🙁

I need to get the lava lamps back up and running. Haven’t used them in years and really need to change that 😛

A few months back, someone dropped a pair of glasses so we’ve been keeping them on a fire hydrant where they can be seen. They’re still there so, yesterday, I decided to grab some moss and give the hydrant a beard to go with the “eyes” 😛

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 208 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Random