Sounds and Music

Home Forums Discussion Sounds and Music

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Classic! Don’t blame me, blame my upbringing- would that hold any water in defence of litigation? πŸ˜›
      Mr Squiggleman is mighty impressive:

Think it might be a reference to this gem πŸ˜› Caught it on the MST3K marathon some years ago πŸ˜€

Yep, it’s the best song Futurama has ever done. It’s wonderful!

Lovely! Seriously need to watch that show!

Another classic:

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Indeed, and as Gordon Gekko might have once said, “Green is good!” – the zero on the roulette wheel!
        Talking of bones and teeth, here’s a nice sound
        https://freesound.org/people/Bon_Vivant_Pictures/sounds/456366/

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by DeVaultSetter.

πŸ˜€

And related!

Thought I had posted it here but didn’t see it. Oh, well! The more the merrier!

And DEVO!

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

A beautiful world indeed for a Hoochie Coochie Man!

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

Space Age Bachelor Pad music as it was known, or something. For many, Esquivel is an acquired taste, as with many morsels from Zappa, some will refuse to budge on their way through the digestive tract.

Lovely! Last one is region locked, though πŸ™

While we’re on the subject, found this way down in the sidebar and it’s a blast from the past!

I seriously need to play Homeworld again πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

Beautiful! πŸ™‚ Sorry, post edited.
              Not much has happened since – well you know – the first hit in this Google Search explains it. πŸ˜›
              Updated the forum’s General Info & Feedback
              Yay, a Sierra game, too, my first “true” gaming experience in Windows was traipsing the length and breadth of Leisure Suit Larry World. πŸ˜›
              Was it the remake you played? if one didn’t mind loading up from the CD packs, the original Homeworld would have run very well on the Windows 98/SE rig with the RAP-10 playing the OST. Don’t recall where the card ended up though, if it turns up, will post to H/W Relics. It cost a bit – must have been general compatibility issues by the mid to late naughties.

Sounds good πŸ™‚

It was the demo, actually. Haven’t played the sequels or remake yet but they’ve been on my wish-list forever, along with a host of other games…. πŸ˜›

Never played a Larry game but I’ve heard they’re a hoot!

Still enchanted by Japanese music:

The style is completely different from that in Europe and over here and I quite like it. Blend of pop and metal and it works beautifully! πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
              Keymaster

High energy on steroids! Wonderful. By stark contrast, this beauty from Confessions of a Dangerous Mind:

Ehm, back on track – have you encountered the Plasmatics’ rather zany crusade against the poor old CRT creations of the day? It’s well known that Plasmas didn’t really take off until the 90’s so was it uncanny clairvoyance or something else?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by DeVaultSetter.

Ah, the Gong Show. A classic! πŸ˜€

Need some Queen in here:

πŸ˜›

Haven’t run across the Plasmatics before! Surprised they didn’t use their videos to help promote plasma TVs. Would have been quite fun! πŸ˜€

Here’s a good one that just cropped up in my YouTube feed:

Symphonic metal is quite soothing!

DeVaultSetter
                Keymaster

The good (albeit rather tragic) news is that he has now broken free, for eternity. πŸ™
                  Back to Jap bands, there was Woohoo from Kill Bill:

Similar expression of interest from a well known cartoon:

πŸ™‚

Yeah, he will be missed πŸ™

πŸ˜€

Just realized that I haven’t shared Hammerfall in close to a decade. Need to fix that!

DeVaultSetter
                  Keymaster

Wow, made more more than 20 years ago, and those skeletons are sure to be still dancing!
                    A cracking recent rendition of an old song. πŸ™‚

Yep! Just don’t listen to them as much as I used to even though I still enjoy them πŸ™

And that led me to Sinatra:

I miss these old songs!

Whelp. I asked the smart speaker what was playing and it said, “Noise”. I figured that much out so I’m assuming it was the song name but it usually gives me a band name, too. This is what happens when you leave out the artist! πŸ˜›

Nightwish is great. Haven’t listened to them much lately (been many many years) but I’m changing that πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
                    Keymaster

Fly us to the moon, but please don’t leave us there, while all the hard working roadies for Nightwish end up totally Finnished!
                      Nina Hagen is quite a versatile performer when it comes to styles, for one there’s Flying Saucers:

Some others include AufΒ΄m Bahnhof Zoo, Der Spinner and Alright Tonight, there was also a little unpleasantness after this – er – exhibition on set.
                      Edit: Here’s a nice one from Della:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by DeVaultSetter.

Yep, she’s great! πŸ˜€

May have mentioned this before but I’ve always found that I focus better with symphonic metal playing in the background. Back in school, I’d toss my CDs in the computer to help during programming class. Always worked like a charm πŸ™‚

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Sounds and Music