Films & TV Shows

Home Forums Discussion Films & TV Shows

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Could be! It’d be hilarious if the models start acting like HAL 9000 if they get trained on Arthur C Clark 😛

Yep, the sequels are definitely on the list! Also added a bunch of old sci-fi and horror films from the 50s and earlier. I can also get the colorized version of Night of the Living Dead but I prefer to watch these types of films in their original formats, either BW or color.

Never been a big fan of zombie films myself. I think the main issue is that there’s not much imagination to them.

Saw Opera yesterday and it was a very good psychological thriller. Highly recommended.

DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Interesting, that’s in Italian – are you conversant, or like me, dependent on subscripts.
      Do recommend the first two Rush Hour flicks, superb choreography and LOL moments. 🙂
      The Assignment is on FTA tonight:

Dr. Rachel Jane is a rogue plastic surgeon with a twisted vision of a better world.

What we need is more folks with a better vision of a twisted world. 😛
      Might ditch that for Copycat instead. 🙂

I watched a dubbed version, which they did a good job on 🙂

Yep! Seen them! They’re a riot!

Weaver in something that’s not science fiction? That’s unusual 😛

Watched The Evil Dead II yesterday and that was fun. Weird film but fun. Loved the part where Ash cuts off his hand and then pins it with copy of A Farewell to Arms 😀

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

The Batman with ads consumed most of the evening. All the sounds of Gotham are imbued in the all pervading dark noise, thereby detracting a little from the impact of the fine score and dialogue. The purpose of the Riddler murders at the beginning seemed to get lost in other incongruities, his later revealed character turned out to be an interesting contrast. The characters and visuals/effects make this worth watching, despite the slightly amorphous plot. Recommended! 🙂

Yeah, I still need to watch that one. It’s definitely on the list!

Watched Army of Darkness so that finishes the set. Had some time afterwards so I also rewatched Meatballs. Needed that. Completely plotless but still a fun watch 🙂

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

From Evil Dead to Meatballs – heck that’s some leap of genre, a mighty fine soundtrack as well. Love Moondust and of course the title track. On the list for an encore view!
          And now, for a double leap of genre (or bovine over the moon), First Cow with the 4:3 aspect nicely includes a retro touch to the experience. As the film does not boast whizbangery in the sets or a quotable grab-bag of fortune cookies, expectations might be dampened, the impression here was … basic, expecting, and above all, unforgettable. The evocation of the humanity, cakes, and the circumstances will surely change the way we see cows. 🙂

I’ve mostly run the gamut of older horror films now after a couple of years so I figure it’s time for a bit of a change 😛

Could rewatch the old Universal Monsters films but I’ve seen those so many times that I want something a bit different 😛

I’m way overdo for a rewatch of Rain Man. Probably need to fix that! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Films & TV Shows