Films & TV Shows

Home Forums Discussion Films & TV Shows

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • Author

Watched Back to the Future II yesterday again and that was fun. I do miss the future ๐Ÿ˜›

And watched the last one! Even with the plot holes and paradoxes, they’re wonderful films! ๐Ÿ˜€

Rewatched the Toxic Avenger the other day and it’s a blast! ๐Ÿ˜€

And caught Dead & Buried yesterday and it was quite good!

Saw this one yesterday and, as far as slasher films go, it was really good.

Also saw Clue the other day and that was a blast!

DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

You have been busy, has not yet the appetite been sated? ๐Ÿ˜›
      Saw Natural Born Killers the other day, if you like a discordant cacophony of loud and scream, this is the movie for you. Hints of Pulp fiction in the sets and transitions, garish, violent and memorable, certainly no cure for migraine. Over here there is no urgency in adding it to the watch-again list. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Coming to the end of Vigil, it’s credible, thought provoking, and tense. That article mentioned reported inaccuracies in dialogue and plot, which didn’t cause to much worry here either. ๐Ÿ™‚

Not yet! Still watching sloppy horror films! Yesterday was Humanoids from the Deep! The sexual content was a bit overdone and reminded me of Galaxy of Terror. Corman did have a part in the film so it’s probably not too much of a surprise

Also caught The Burning which was a lot of fun. It even has Jason Alexander in a very early role and you can see the hints of the George that he would become in his acting.

Cool! Will see if I can get them! I’ve mentioned this before but I tend to favor European films and shows for some reason, particularly British but I do like a lot of the Slavic ones too. Trouble is, most aren’t available over here! ๐Ÿ˜›

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Never heard of Humanoids From the Deep, but the name kind of gets you in. ๐Ÿ˜›
        Ah yes, done in the days when Harvey Weinstein was “young and innocent, so it’s on the fav. list. Rick Wakeman’s music another plus:

Almost to the end of episode 1 of Vagrant Queen, but no, although it’s bright and snappy, there’s that deja vous feeling of been there before, the dialogue perhaps the main culprit. Take me back to early teens, will definitely complete it! ๐Ÿ™‚
        The critics were right about Fallen, so much could have been done to make it more entertaining; “beloved cult classic” doesn’t quite cut it, thus recommended for a high spot in the “not to watch” list. ๐Ÿ˜›

Oh, definitely!

Will add it to the list! Good science fiction is really hard to come by these days!

Saw this one yesterday and it was a lot of fun! Kind of had a Short Circuit mixed with Terminator vibe to it. Lots of campy references, too!

Saw this one the other day. It was a riot!

Got Kill Bill on the watch list now, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Saw the first part of Kill Bill and it’s great! Going to watch part two soon but it’s Tarantino’s typical over the top and flamboyant style so it’s got a lot of good humor in it and is just an overall fun film ๐Ÿ™‚

Rewatched Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and it’s still a blast. Highly recommended! ๐Ÿ˜€

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

That Jack Frost fella looks scary. Yeah, lets get all a gush with Kill Bill, anything with Sly, Van Damme or Segal. These days, John Wick has the wherewithal to address many issues. ๐Ÿ˜›

Subscribed to the Cult Cinema Classics channel, they want $6.99 bucks a month to join it though. What’s the benefit of that other than no ads?

Have you seen The Cosmic Man?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by DeVaultSetter.

Haven’t seen John Wick yet but I’ve been meaning to! Yeah, their old films were fun! I have fond memories of Tango and Cash!

Looks like they also have some members only films you get with the subscription.

Not yet but I’ll definitely add it to the list! Big fan of those old ones!

Probably going to watch some more Tarantino films soon now that I’ve gotten in the mood. Pulp Fiction is always a fun one!

An unrelated film but similar in style is Sin City. Going to try and watch it again soon as it was really good!

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

Definitely Sin City, why none have appeared on FTA here to date is cardinal!
            From Dusk to Dawn is another Tarantino creation, and fits into the description of uneven. Some of the best scenes ever in noir schlock intermingled with surprisingly ordinary dialogue and plot/character development. Still recommended for the good bits. ๐Ÿ™‚
            Currently streaming The Bridge, and into the second series. There’s nothing much to say for it, other than each series having 13 episodes, hence the self-inflicted resolve to view it until the bitter end. ๐Ÿ˜›

Yep, saw From Dusk till Dawn the other day and it was fun. Definitely not a masterpiece but fun nonetheless! I didn’t understand the ending, though. What was the significance of the half buried pyramid in the final shot? I checked Wiki but they didn’t have any insight on it, just said that it was the final shot

It does sound pretty basic ๐Ÿ˜›

Been wanting to watch Midsomer Murders for quite some time. After I catch up on some anime, I may see about giving it a whirl. ๐Ÿ™‚

I do enjoy anime!

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

From this blog it explains:

Through From Dusk Till Dawn, the Titty Twister bar goes from Mayincatec-inspired nightclub to vampire den to a full-blown Mayincatec sacrificial pyramid almost buried in the Mexican desert. All within a short distance of the Mexican-American border.

And here there is:

As one of the genre world’s preeminent Mexican-American filmmakers, Robert Rodriguez isย known for creatively incorporating his Latino background into his work. Even though Quentin Tarantino wrote the script forย From Dusk Till Dawn, the matte shot of theย Aztec temple at the end was Rodriguez’s idea, no doubt in an attempt to connectย the film’s vampiresย to aย Mesoamerican identity rather than the traditional European image. The filmmaker hung the painting on his wall forย eighteen years until he finally got an opportunity toย return to that imposing pyramid.

Yeah the AztecMayincatec theme wanted re-inforcing, if there was ever a little souvenir shop next to Titty Twisters that sold “local” vampire gear including pyramid shaped mementos… The resulting effect of the movie was to bang together a bunch of terrific ideas and hope it all worked within allocated time & budget constraints.
              Liked the soundtrack, especially Stevie Ray Vaugahn and his brother’s blues. ๐Ÿ™‚
              Heh, had to choice on FTA of watching Piranha or Vera, went with Vera as the other seemed a bit teeny- was that the case with you?
              Go for the early Midsomer Murders with Nettles, they have some genuine moments of creepiness, some of the late ones can be fun as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah, okay. Thanks! That helps! Wish they had included some of that information more prominently in the film but it probably would have been a bit of a distraction ๐Ÿ™‚

Yep, kind of surprised they didn’t do something like that. As it was, it was kind of odd to have a strip club in the middle of nowhere like that. Fun film but a lot of loose ends! ๐Ÿ˜›

Yep, their films always have a great blend of music! ๐Ÿ™‚

Which version of Piranha? There have been two remakes! Personally, I’m a fan of the original. It’s so campy that you can smell the marshmallows! Was a blast of a film!

Britain has some of the best crime shows. Over here, they’re mostly CSI or Law & Order-esque shows. Always like a good old fashioned mystery like they do in the Commonwealth ๐Ÿ™‚

May start watching it this weekend. Kind of in the mood now ๐Ÿ™‚

And it’s still available! Been on the list for several years but hadn’t gotten to it! I’m planning to start from the beginning and go from there. Tons of episodes available so it should keep me busy for a while ๐Ÿ™‚

Saw Jaws yesterday! It was fun but I still liked Piranha more. ๐Ÿ˜›

DeVaultSetter
              Keymaster

It was the original, and back on the watchlist as might have confused it with something else. ๐Ÿ™‚
                Don’t get all of the negative feedback on Legend, even though Scott did take on the task of pruning a fair chunk off the original to “suit the locale.” It’s a fantasy after all, and seemed to be adequate for the genre, although some of the scenes were derived from such stock that might be described as somewhat “kitsch iconic.” Some of the events in the story & scene switches jerked on the senses a bit, and being a Fantasy focussed on Cruisey “valorization”, the dialogue was to be interpreted as music rather than anything that had to be put to the understanding. Wonder if the voice of the vampiric Darkness could have been the source of inspiration for The Transcendent One in Planescape: Torment? ๐Ÿ™‚
                Goldsmith’s original score was very good, as were the follow-ups, many of the youtube video clips may incur copyright censoring, so the following may not be around for long:

Yep, I highly recommend it if you’re up for something campy!

Haven’t seen it myself but I have been wanting to see it for a while. It is somewhat famous, though, for slapping a ton of makeup on Tim Curry!

Could be!

Haven’t had much chance to watch much lately with everything going on but I am enjoying Midsomer Murders. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, yes, amazing music!

I really should watch Flash Gordon again. It’s a lot of fun!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 156 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Films & TV Shows