The TCG Thread

Home Forums Discussion The TCG Thread

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Bob Marley
    Keymaster

Some notes on double sleeving: I’ve been using Japanese size sleeves from Dragon Shield enclosed by Dragon Shield standard size clear matte sleeves but the fit isn’t tight enough so the inner sleeve damages the outer sleeve when it jostles around. Sadly, my LGS doesn’t carry Japanese size outer sleeves so I’ll need to order those, more than likely. Really makes me sad as I do try to give them the business when possible and feel bad when I have to purchase from elsewhere πŸ™

Bob Marley
      Keymaster

Important tip for Master Duel: focus on acquiring the staples after assembling a decent deck in the beginning. It’ll let you quickly upgrade things. Don’t do like I did and wait five months to start getting them. I would have had a much easier time if I had gotten them early on… πŸ˜›

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

Had a quick but fruitless trawl for “playable” TCG WP plugins, the most attractive looking one is the octgndev at wordpress.com, but of course we’re at least 12 years late, and things have changed considerably since then. Is there any chance at all with the PokΓ©mon TCG SDK?
          As for databases, wpdatatables is sure to do the job, though rather big, Energy Search will want a brush up, MTG Tooltips possesses certain charms. πŸ™‚

Bob Marley
          Keymaster

Looks like it still gets updated sporadically, though! Mostly for compatibility issues, from the looks of the repository (as opposed to a suppository :P)

Yeah, being able to embed card information like some other media would be of great benefit. Will do some digging! I know the Reddit communities have bots that trawl the databases on request and post the card text that way so it’s doable. And will take a look at that MtG plugin πŸ™‚

Looks like my preferred shop for Yugioh may not be hosting official events anymore. It’s a little hard to tell since they don’t update their event calendar but once in a blue moon. πŸ˜›

I’ll ask them at some point. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Bob Marley.
            • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Bob Marley.
            Bob Marley
            Keymaster

Since the banning of Baronne a couple of months ago, I’ve been attempting to determine how else to protect me against the effects of Nibiru (will add in links later) as Blackwings are especially vulnerable to its effects, save for Full Armor Master.

Sales Ban is a good option and cheap. As discussed above, if I open with it I can stop the card in its tracks.

Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon may work, as well, but its effect needs some analyzing. It doesn’t say it negates on the field, just negates an effect, so it should work. It’s also cheap now after getting reprinted last week

Bob Marley
              Keymaster
                On Bob Marley said

Some notes on double sleeving: I’ve been using Japanese size sleeves from Dragon Shield enclosed by Dragon Shield standard size clear matte sleeves but the fit isn’t tight enough so the inner sleeve damages the outer sleeve when it jostles around. Sadly, my LGS doesn’t carry Japanese size outer sleeves so I’ll need to order those, more than likely. Really makes me sad as I do try to give them the business when possible and feel bad when I have to purchase from elsewhere πŸ™

Decided to talk to the shop before ordering and they were more than happy to place an order. The lesson? Doesn’t hurt to ask! πŸ™‚

Bob Marley
                Keymaster

I’ve updated the first post with a list of official card databases for the big three TCGs πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 hours, 48 minutes ago by Bob Marley.
                Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion The TCG Thread