Pokemon

Home Forums Discussion Pokemon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Things are going pretty well so far in the game. I’ve just about filled up the Pokedex for my version of the game and will need to come up with a way to catch the Violet exclusives. Maybe a Reddit community or something will be able to help there.

At the moment, I’ve been working on levelling up my Pokemon to 100. Still haven’t gotten the hang of stat training, though, which is hurting me in group play as I’m often the weakest link but it’s definitely getting better as I get more high level options. I may be able to use some items to raise the stats, I’ll have to look at the item boosts mechanics. I haven’t used them since Gen 1 😛

The event they just started the other day was incredibly easy! Of course, we had a good group. We had one player running a buffing Blissey and the rest of us were just dishing out the damage. Worked like a charm! Usually, it takes me longer than the first try to get the event Pokemon so I’m very pleased 🙂

Mewtwo arrives in two weeks! On top of that, they’re giving away Mew with the code GETY0URMEW. 🙂

DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Rather generous of them, indeed. 🙂
      Was there anything in the MS Teams thread for addition here?

Usually, you need to go to a special event to get Mew so this is wonderful news!

There were some musings about combining the locations into a single game and things about what I’d like to see in a future system but probably nothing all that important. 🙂

So Mewtwo is hard! I’ve only found two Pokemon that are actually able to survive a battle with it: Spiritomb and Mew. The latter was released just for the event and has some special properties to let it handle Mewtwo while the former is Dark/Ghost so is immune to almost all of Mewtwo’s moves save for Ice Beam, which doesn’t do a whole lot of damage even on a level 50 Spiritomb (I am wondering what’ll happen if I level it up to 100. That may be just the ticket). So far, I haven’t won yet but I have bumped Mew up to 100, taught it Swords Dance, X-Scissor (it has 15 PP and 80 attack so it’s a good option), Leech Life (recovery with 80 attack and 10 PP), and struggle bug (50 attack and 20 PP) to get Mew to terra so I can use the other moves to maximum effect. I use the last one first so I don’t run out of available moves during the long battle. Once I’ve terraed, I use Swords Dance three times to max out Mew’s attack and then hit it with the other two. It works pretty well but I still haven’t been able to win yet. I think it’s only a matter of time, though!

I also changed the Terra type to Bug to increase the damage output even further and it worked beautifully! Mewtwo is now mine! 😀

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Is it possible for the captive Mewtwo to escape? It seems that once he was used by Giovanni, so that guy is one to watch as well!
        Nexus won’t host content for Palworld. The level of hubbub in controversy is scaling up, there’s the question of ripoff, do you think that’s fair?

Not in the games but in the other media it has. Originally, Mewtwo was a clone of Mew by Giovani’s scientists, aiming to create the ultimate Pokemon. Mewtwo got pissed at the experiments it was subjected to so it broke out, and destroyed, the lab. In Red, Blue, and Yellow you can actually explore what’s left of the lab (not much). As a result, Mewtwo lost faith in humans, which led up to the events of Pokemon: The Movie where it forced humans and their Pokemon to fight clones. Ever since then, Mewtwo has been traveling across the Poke-Earth looking for a purpose. It doesn’t look for trouble anymore but will still fight humans if they don’t leave it alone. I know a lot of Pokemon lore 😛

Looks like they’re saying they specifically won’t host mods that add Pokemon to the game but are okay with mods for Palworld otherwise. I agree with that decision as it’s a tricky legal area and Nintendo aggressively protects their copyrights and trademarks. 🙂

As for it being a ripoff, I couldn’t say yet. I’ll need to play it before I can draft an opinion (it’s on the wish list!). I would say that it’s inspired by Pokemon, though, and a lot of other games are.

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

Ooh, missed that, or misread it. Or they have changed the wording- here’s plenty of mods for Palworld just loaded up today. A couple for yesterday though. 🙂
          Yep, because Nintendo never chose to make their content available cross-platform, it’s sour grapes when someone else “does it.” 😛

They also sometimes send takedown notices for YouTube videos. There have recently been attempts to make Ocarina of Time in Unreal Engine and I keep expecting Nintendo to shut it down.

Nintendo is also investigating the Paleworld assets for plagiarism as they feel it may be a bit too similar to Pokemon for their liking. Some of the models do look very similar so they may have some grounds there but, again, I haven’t really looked at things too closely

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion Pokemon