HTML Entity Parsing

Home Forums Forum HTML Entity Parsing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

HTML entity strings like “&lt;” and “&gt;” won’t translate to their coded functional forms, for example with headers like “<h2&gt;Header2&lt;/h2>”:

<h2>Header2</h2>

Funny thing is if you put the above string “<h2&gt;Header2&lt;/h2>” inside code backticks, it auto translates to the HTML “<" and ">” characters, and, unsurprisingly, appears as above.
      More for the sandbox thread!

Seems to be working here. Which editor are you using?

Sorry for the new topic. Wasn’t sure if you were done with the old sandbox posts

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Sorry, meant the string “<h3&gt;Header3&lt;/h3>” is expected to transform to

Header3

And not:

“<h3>Header3</h3>”

Edit: What a silly dumbo, that’s the expected behaviour as they are just the escaped characters. 😛

In any case, the sandbox/test activity will help as H1 and H2 don’t seem to be working at all. For example “<h2>Header2</h2>” gives nothing below:

Header2

So apparently, the h1 and h2 tags are set to display: none so only h3 will work. I’ve fixed the issue by setting the display to unset, which resets things back to the default behavior 🙂

Let me know if there’s anything out of whack! No idea why they would hide the h1 and h2 tags

Edit:

Looks like it caused the title to appear on the forum index. Guess that was a header tag 😛

I may be able to fix that issue. I clean forgot about the descendant selectors. It’s been too long since I worked with this stuff! It’ll come back to me as I go!

Hmm, unset may not do what I thought it does. The default is block but unset causes it to show inline….

The property value of unset is new to me as it didn’t exist last time I was working with CSS

I’ve set up a new section to hold testing threads since some of the bugs we’ve encountered break other posts in a thread. 🙂

And fixed 🙂

Still need to determine the right property value for display, though

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Forum HTML Entity Parsing