Forum & Topic “Read” Bubble Slow

Home Forums Forum Forum & Topic “Read” Bubble Slow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

After changing site provider and switching cache support, it can now take up to two hours after a member reading a forum topic for the forum software to inform him that it has, in fact, been read. Looking at this, it might be just a question of excluding the base forum URIs.
      Edit: Implemented for the roadtest. 🙂

• This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by DeVaultSetter.

Will keep an eye out! 🙂

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Down to about 3-5 minutes now, the change used to be immediate- perhaps something else broke.

Looks like the timing is set in the TTL tab and under Objects (no idea what Objects are in this context)

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

Only a minute this time, so just doing nothing makes it get better? The object cache is supposed to boost BP some, if this is the cost, the surefire way to troubleshoot were to inactivate BP before reading an incoming reply. Assume it safe to do (as with Cleantalk) when plugin settings are usually preserved.

Seems to be a bit more inconsistent when logged out but that should be okay but it’s something we may want to look at further if we ever open the forums up to the public more 🙂

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

The “read” bubble immediately dissipating within the forum thread after reading, but not in the main or root forums page points to an indication that at least something in there is off. 😛

Could be that the caching only affects the index? I think the previous plugin we used had the same behavior

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

Well tonight the bubble on the forums landing page was at least a minute slower than the one in this forum topic. Hmmm, don’t think there was this particular problem with Cache Enabler, assuming the memory is reliable.
              Can say with certainty there were no issues before any caching plugins bubbled up. 🙂

I think what we did was turn off the previous plugin in most places but I’m not entirely sure.

Yeah, I think it’s a side-effect of how they function. Granted, I don’t know a whole lot about server stuff 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Forum Forum & Topic “Read” Bubble Slow