“Are you sure you want to do that?”

Home Forums Forum “Are you sure you want to do that?”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DeVaultSetter
    Keymaster

Message (pink/red alert) comes up when submitting a post.
      The text of the submitted post is gone, but is retrieved when hitting the back button, fortunately.
      Here’s a link to a BBPress thread:

ERROR: Are you sure you wanted to do that?

The nonce verification is more of an issue WP has with the hosting itself – the SSL, or other things on the server – here’s another thread:
      https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this-error-in-wordpress/
      Hopefully a “simple” fix is just around the corner. πŸ˜›

I was getting some slowness and resource errors from Apache the other day while I was fixing up BuddyPress. Maybe the this is related?

DeVaultSetter
      Keymaster

Noticed in that wpbeginner link the first few user comments refer to posting in tabs which have remained “logged in” when logging out has occurred on another tab. Has that happened to you at all?
        Also, just as a general rule of security here, I de-activated wp-phpmyadmin as it has vulnerabilities when not used. Posted for clarification here.

I don’t get that error when that occurs, it just bumps me to the login and wipes out the post.

Sounds good πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
        Keymaster

Happened again today after successfully submitting a post to another thread, so no logout issues. This time, hitting the back button revealed no post content. Must have been too quick for AutoSave, (or something) – changed the interval to 45 seconds.
          Edit: Most likely related to an oops in the Cache Enabler Settings. Cached pages now expire 10 hours after being created, before they never expired, so could have been sending expired nonce data to the WordPress engine. The site cache was also cleared when a new post was submitted, now turned off. Cache is now turned on for mobile devices. πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
          Keymaster

Happened again today when posting on a tab left open for a day or two. Really have to close them after use! πŸ™

Yeah, been getting it a lot over here. Starting to copy the post before I submit just in case. I really need to get in the habit of hitting refresh!

DeVaultSetter
            Keymaster

The wiping of the post cache isn’t supposed to happen at all when clicking the back button. Didn’t happen prior to June IIRC, so something must have happened to trigger the error handling in Cache Enabler- might have to query them.
              Post content is also wiped when this error crops up (also see private sandbox thread):

Error
              This page can’t be displayed – your request has been denied for security reasons.
              The incident ID is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yeah, the cache has been a bit odd lately. It hasn’t been updating as often as it used to so something definitely changed there

DeVaultSetter
              Keymaster

Happening very often since the move to TPP, there is a tip here which offers a code fix for the theme’s function.php:

add_filter( ‘bbp_verify_nonce_request_url’, ‘my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url’, 999, 1 );
                function my_bbp_verify_nonce_request_url( $requested_url )
                {
                return ‘http://localhost:8888’ . $_SERVER[‘REQUEST_URI’];
                }

Might be worth investigating. πŸ™‚

DeVaultSetter
                Keymaster

Tried a LiteSpeed modification, the above would work for a local setup, as corrected at BBPress.

Let’s hope it helps! There is a plugin available that lets you add snippets to the site so they don’t get lost during a theme update. Might be worth looking at once we get BuddyPress updated (I’ll try to get those threads up this weekend if you don’t beat me to it) πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Forum “Are you sure you want to do that?”