The TCG Thread

Home Forums Discussion The TCG Thread

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Tried out Lorcana yesterday and it’s pretty fun. The game is pretty chill and is pretty straightforward, unlike modern YGO. As far as gameplay goes, it’s similar to a boardgame but without the board aspect. I’ll probably try it for a bit and see how it goes 🙂

While Lorcana doesn’t have an official database, there’s a pretty good fan site that helps to fill in the blanks: https://dreamborn.ink/

Started adding Lorcana to the first post. 🙂

Added the main sites for some of the games to the first post. Tried to get the global URLs but the one for the Pokemon card game is region based. Will need to do some digging to see if I can track down the global URL.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Scarlet & Violet – Stellar Crown set for Pokemon just hit general availability yesterday.

In related news, the 2024 Yu-Gi-Oh tins hit general availability on 2024-09-20 while OTS stores will have them 2024-09-18

And Magic the Gathering has a new set coming out soon as well:

Duskmourn: House of Horror hits general availability on 2024-09-27 with a preview on 2024-09-20

General availability is when the products are available at all stores. These are mostly your big box stores like Walmart and Amazon. For some TCGs, like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, small, licensed stores are usually allowed to sell the product a day or two early.

Still trying to come up with a good way of making the links in the main post more generic. Unfortunately, most pages are region locked. For example, I can provide the rule book links for, say, Japan or the US but not a global link that will automatically redirect to your region. The redirect occurs at the root URL, not the subpages, which sort of complicates things for localization.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Discussion The TCG Thread